DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
It's our mission to enable everyone to join our event, meet people from the PHP community and gain new knowledge.
With the help of our sponsors we offer scholarships for underrepresented people in tech by covering travel, hotel and ticket costs for our conference.
If you are a member of an underrepresented group and want to experience the PHP Developer Days 2018 in Dresden, please read the following information on how to apply for a diversity scholarship.
OUR SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORS
WHAT WE'D LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU
- introduce yourself as a person in tech to us.
- tell us about your expectations for the conference if you could attend.
- explain why you would not be able to attend the conference without a scholarship.
- tell us where you live, what's your nearest airport and how we can contact you.
Preferably email address or twitter handle.
- let us know if we can publish your name and photo in case your application is accepted.
SOME THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- we only have a limited amount of diversity scholarships for this event. So please apply only if you are sure you can make it to Dresden on the date of the event.
- each scholarship is limited to expenses of 800 EURO to cover travel, hotel and the conference ticket.
We won't be able to spend more than this amount.
- we are not able to help you out with getting a Visa for Germany.
- we will inform you no later than two months before the event (mid of July 2018) if your application was accepted.
- if your application was accepted we will book your flight/train tickets and your hotel room. For that matter we'll get in touch with you and ask you for some personal data like your passport details, allergies and food preference. If you rather like to organise your trip on your own, just let us know and we will reimburse you on presentation/production of receipts. Because we already reserved hotel rooms at the venue you won't need to book a hotel.